Jobs Opportunities at Wasoko, Wasoko aims to be the platform through which our customers access a comprehensive offering of financial services that allow them to achieve both their personal and professional goals.
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.Jobs Opportunities at Wasoko
Thousands of retailers in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Senegal, Cote d’ Ivoire, Zambia use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Financial Services Associate – Tanzania
You are responsible for the execution of Wasoko’s Financial Services strategy in one branch in Tanzania (Dar West, Dar East, Arusha, Mwanza & Mbeya). You are the owner of the Wasoko Financial Services product delivery targets including working capital financing, asset financing, insurance and other financial products to come. Jobs Opportunities at Wasoko
Dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and services by 2021. Wasoko aims to be the platform through which our customers access a comprehensive offering of financial services that allow them to achieve both their personal and professional goals.Jobs Opportunities at Wasoko
Location: Arusha &Mwanza
Reporting to: Financial Services Lead, Tanzania
Your Mission in our Vision
Financial services will be the biggest differentiating factor of Wasoko from its competitors. By crafting a suite of services/financial products that not only meets the needs of our customers but also enhances their earnings potential, Wasoko will become an indispensable long-term partner for our customers.
Our strategy is to provide a world class customer experience with regards to accessing basic financial services through effective education and signaling that allows our customers to graduate to more sophisticated financial products. In the long-run, these more sophisticated financial products will be the profit engine of the financial services business
Key Responsibilities for Jobs Opportunities at Wasoko
- Capacity to onboard and manage clients, usage, retention and customer reactivation.
- Managing customers directly and in liaison with the sales team to ensure: Growth, order the set number of SKUs and grow their SKUs per order and grow Average Revenue Per User MoM
- Ensure on-time repayment of credit with capacity to escalated collections
- Daily follow up of overdue invoices through phone calls and field visitations
- Developing Pay plans / Promise to Pay database with elaborate follow ups
- Ensure a thorough KYC process by conducting a verification exercise for all new clients and capturing relevant information in systems for decision making
- Conduct customer education to all new and existing clients to ensure adherence to Wasoko credit terms and communicate any changes of policy
- Handle all customer and agents’ complaints within the credit portfolio
- Any other duties may be assigned
Qualifications for Jobs Opportunities at Wasoko
- Diploma in Accounts and Finance and any related field
- Proven work experience in credit management
- Good understanding of lending procedures & credit related laws
- 2-4 years of credit experience
- Be willing to regularly travel to customer sites
- Have considerable experience with customer negotiations