Bank Teller at MUCOBA, MUCOBA Bank PLC, formerly known as Mufindi Community Bank LTD (MuCoBa) is the oldest community bank in Tanzania that was incorporated in December 1998 and licensed by Bank of Tanzania (BOT) in May 1999 to offer banking services to the communities of Mufindi and neighbouring districts. It opened its doors to the public in June 1999. The Bank, with its Head Office in Mafinga, offers banking services to the community of Iringa region and its neighbouring region of Mbeya at Mbalali District.
Mucoba Bank Pic is now inviting applications from suitable candidates for the under mentioned positions:
Bank Teller at MUCOBA (2 Posts)
The following will be the main duties and responsibilities to be accomplished by a successful candidate on a day to day:
- Responsible to the Branch Manager and Supervisor for those who shall be allocated to the Service Delivery Center
- Answers telephone calls from clients and other parties during working hours and addresses the concern of the caller or forwards the call to the proper person:
- Explains to the clients how to fill out application forms and other forms related to deposit and withdraw services
- Encodes client’s data into the IT system
- Assists clients who come to the branch/center for disbursement of their loans, performing the prescribed procedures for disbursing loans;
- Supplies the clients with basic information concerning the products and services of MUCOBA BANK
- Secures adequate and good presentation of information materials:
- Maintains the desired appearance of the reception area of the branch;
- Coordinates with branch and other department’s personnel to ensure adequacy of office supplies and accountable forms, as well as pantry, grocery, and cleaning supplies
Bank Operations/ Teller
- Interview of new clients
- Opens client accounts in the system and ensures that the information entered is complete and accurate
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions.
- Process orders, prepare correspondences and fulfil customer needs to ensure customer satisfactions
- Marketing and promoting bank products
- Issuing of bank statements and balance enquires to customers
- Providing information to clients on banking services and cross selling of bank products.
- To make sure that all source documents used are properly filed.
- Reconcile customers’ savings passbook against banker’s realm records
- Ensure that the source documents to be used by customers on daily operations are available before start of the day business.
- Co-operate with other operations department staff, risk officers and internal auditor in order to improve banking operations.
- Perform Teller suspense, M- Pesa, Western Union reconciliation
- Generates required reports daily, weekly, monthly.Bank Teller at MUCOBA
- Perform Telling duties
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by higher authority.
- Diploma/ Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Education, Community Development, Finance or equivalent from recognized institutions
- Computer literacy and data entry knowledge and to be updated with new technology
- Customer care skills and fluent in English and Kiswahili both written and spoken
- Hard worker and Team player
- Must demonstrate honesty, integrity and transparency
- Effective in time management
- Creative and ability to take initiatives
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to qualified candidates depending on qualifications and experience.
The selected candidate should be committed and ready to work in rural areas
MODE OF APPLICATION for Bank Teller at MUCOBA
Application letters with CV, copies of relevant certificates and contacts of at least three referees should be sent to the undersigned, by not later that one week from the date of advertisement, to the following address:
THE GENERAL MANAGER MUCOBA BANK PLC
OR via the email below:
Email: [email protected]
Applications sent through email should be in PDF format.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.