Volunteer Jobs at Legal and Human Rights Centre LHRC July 2022
In this post you will get information related to Volunteer Jobs at Legal and Human Rights Centre LHRC,legal and human rights centre tanzania, legal and human rights centre, legal and human rights center jobs, legal and human rights centre jobs, volunteer jobs near me, volunteer jobs, volunteer jobs in tanzania
The Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC) is a Tanzanian human rights advocacy organization founded in 1995 as a non-governmental, voluntary, nonpartisan, and not-for-profit sharing organization to empower and enlighten Tanzanians about their legal and human rights. LHRC has four offices, namely: the head office located in Kijitonyama, Dar es Salaam; a model legal aid office situated in Kinondoni, Dar es Salaam; and two sub-offices one located in Arusha and the other in Dodoma Regions. LHRC’s operations are extensive, spanning all 138 districts of Tanzania’s mainland, with specific interventions in Zanzibar. LHRC has a presence in remote parts of the country, made possible through its well-designed programs, promoting awareness, and providing support to enable citizens to re-imagine their communities and capacitate them in settling some disputes amicably, without resorting to protracted judicial proceedings
Title: Legal Aid Volunteer
Duty station: Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, and Arusha
Duration: 6 months (Extension possible)
Contract Type: Volunteer
Closing date for application: 22nd July 2022
Expected start date: 15th August 2022
Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC) vision is to establish justice and equitable society starts with Legal Aid Services. We provide legal aid services to vulnerable poor people who can not afford their legal presentation in searching for justice. Our service includes family disputes, basic employment rights, worker’s compensation, landlord/tenant disputes, among others.
Our legal aid providers use modern technologies and relevant approaches to provide legal aid services in urban and rural areas.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide legal Aid to clients
- Reconcile and mediate client disputes.
- To update and maintain Legal Aid Management System (LAMS) and legal aid website
- Document success stories from legal aid clients
- Identify and tap issues for advocacy from the legal aid clients attended.
- Conduct gender analysis of LAC cases for identification of advocacy issues
- Provides quality legal Aid services to clients
- Ensure program is implemented towards achieving desired outputs
- Ensure timely execution of activities and other program related duties
- Contributes towards achieving LHRC vision.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor
Minimum qualifications required
To be considered for volunteering, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be either a recent graduate (having completed their studies within one year of applying)
- Successfully completed Law School
- Have completed undergraduate bachelor’s degree in law (LLB)
It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 8.00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday (40hours per week). The successful candidate will be assigned to support the team in Dar es Salaam, Arusha, and Dodoma.
Allowance: Volunteers will receive an allowance to partially help to cover the cost of food and local transportation
How to apply
Please apply online through https://recruitment.humanrights.or.tz/LHRC_career/career.aspx, submitting a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document, addressing how you meet the requirements of this role. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date: Thursday, 22nd July 2022 – midnight
LHRC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for volunteering opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, or other non-merit factors.