SNV Internship Communication is responsible for gathering, processing, packaging, and disseminating information and data that is relevant and appropriate for influencing stakeholders in contributing development and visibility of the project work to a wider community. The candidate will ensure disseminated materials align and comply with legal requirements, and donor and SNV communication policies and procedures.
The successful applicant will undergo a short orientation to be provided by the respective supervisor to introduce the intern to the SNV efforts globally, the SNV country sector program, and the Project Manager with specific induction to the OYE 2 project. The intern will work closely with the project team in their respective areas including local service providers and consultants hired under the project.
To support the OYE 2 SNV Team to design, package and communicate visibility materials, communication for development efforts, relating to creative documentation (audio, visual, online, and offline), engaging the media (radio programs, social media activities etc), capacity building and follow-up. (60% of the time).
To support the OYE 2 SNV team to design and implement media interventions that facilitate change in key stakeholder behavior, action and practices that contribute to a more youth-friendly employment ecosystem (40% of the time).
Aim: Raise awareness through communication and increase the visibility of the project among project youth, partners and stakeholders in the public and private sectors, civil society organizations, development partners, and the media, as well as the public, hence increasing the effectiveness of project implementation through the use of media as a tool to support development.
Objectives: – To support the OYE 2 project team with communication efforts relating to creative documentation, media engagement, and behavior change communications
– To initiate and actively engage in dialogues related to influencing key stakeholders for enhancing the youth employment ecosystem
– To support the OYE 2 project team with visibility functions
– To support the monitoring, learning, and reporting activities of the OYE 2 project
The duty station for this position is in Dodoma with some traveling to Singida and Morogoro in Tanzania. The starting date is Mid-May 2022. The duration of this position will be for 7 months and will conclude at the end of December 2022. Remuneration will be based strictly upon agreed SNV rates. All associated costs for the delivery of the tasks, such as local travel will be paid according to SNV rates.
Candidate profile -Desired skills and attitude
– Tanzanian national preferably with a Bachelor’s degree (equivalent) or higher, in any relevant discipline.
– Media and communications experience is required, including engagement with media stations (radio, TV) and print media outlets; the use and production of IEC materials, audio-visual materials and documents (photos, videos, social media content, posters, infographics etc)
– Good understanding of the youth employment ecosystem, particularly building business partnerships between youth with private and public sector actors
– Experience in document review, blog/article writing, website management and editorial skills is required. Understanding the protocols and how the local government works
– Strong interpersonal skills and communication with experience in interacting and communicating with government and non-governmental representatives
– Innovative, and entrepreneurial
– Good team player, pragmatic, negotiator with a solution-orientated approach.
– Readiness to work and travel frequently in the field
– Excellent listening skills combined with strong oral and written communication skills (in English and Swahili).
– Self-starter, strong ability to work well alone and with others.
– Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
– Readiness to commit to a 7-month long internship between Mid-May 2022 and the End of December 2022
– Experience in computer skills, such as the use of MS-word, excel, and other programs used in designing communication materials is required. Candidates with some knowledge and/or experience in behavior Change and Communication and social development studies are preferred.
Additional Information for SNV internship
For more information about SNV and its work, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
The deadline for applying is 9th May 2022, and should include: – A full CV (with 3 referees)
– Evidence of academic qualifications
– A motivation letter
SNV Tanzania is implementing the Opportunities for Employment (OYE 2) Project which aims to improve the livelihoods of rural youth through skills development and entrepreneurship development linked to market opportunities in the agricultural, renewable energy and water sanitation, and hygiene sectors. The OYE project has a strong focus on self-employment creation and empowerment of 4,250 rural, out-of-school youth between the ages of 18 and 30 years. Emphasis is placed on gender equality. The project’s overall goal is to improve the livelihoods of rural youth through skills development and entrepreneurship development linked to market opportunities in the Agricultural, Renewable Energy, and water & sanitation sectors and will work in Morogoro and Singida regions.
Since the OYE 2 needs to communicate its work for the purpose of influencing other stakeholders to contribute to the realization of the intended objectives, as well as enhance the visibility of the project work, the project is recruiting a senior intern to support on the ground activities related to all relevant communications and visibility functions.